[whatwg] Introduction of media accessibility features

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 16:54:12 +0900, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk at opera.com>
> wrote:
>> It would simply always be UTF-8, much like text/cache-manifest and
>> text/event-stream.
>
> There are plenty of SRT files out there that are not UTF-8. We do not
> control the writing of those files, so cannot prescribe the charset.

We can for SRT-HTML files. For legacy SRT files it probably has to be
something special. Like the character encoding of the referencing page and
UTF-8 as fallback. Which would be somewhat sucky, but can work. We can
also make the charset parameter work.

If we are to implement SRT (let alone SRT-HTML or some new format) all
this would need to be defined.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/