[whatwg] Image Collision Detection in Canvas

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 1:50 PM, Saurabh Jain <saurabh at skjworld.com> wrote:

Hi,

> I have a proposal for adding generic image collision API in Canvas. Given
> two images HTMLImageElement objects and there respective x, y, clip width
> and clip height the API call will let you know if there's any
> non-transparent pixel (any opaque or translucent pixel) in one image's
> clipping region that overlaps a non-transparent pixel in another image's
> clipping region. The clipping region defined by this API call is for local
> use only for this purpose.

Why not add a general BitBlt library on top of typed arrays (1) instead?

This could also be useful for other applications, e.g. web-based photo
editors...

Stefan

1)
https://cvs.khronos.org/svn/repos/registry/trunk/public/webgl/doc/spec/TypedArray-spec.html

--
Stefan Haustein
Google UK Limited

Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W
9TQ; Registered in England Number: 3977902