[whatwg] Note on 4.8.7 (video) and 4.8.8 (audio)

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009, Jim Jewett wrote:

> That paragraph sounds like a reasonable alternative -- another argument
> for the text/html (or text/plain) source as a final alternative.
>
> On the other hand, I personally would prefer that sort of caption before
> deciding whether to watch in the first place, so maybe it could just be
> handled with an aria-describedby.

Or even just having that paragraph before the video, yeah. I don't really
see much that could be done to make that video enjoyable to someone who's
both blind and deaf. It's similar to Rorschach inkblot tests or Pantone
colour swatches -- there's not much point in trying to convey the
information any other way, the information is specifically sense-oriented
and isn't media-independent.