[whatwg] document.head

On Sep 20, 2009, at 5:20 PM, Joseph Pecoraro wrote:

> On Sep 20, 2009, at 4: 24PM, Juriy Zaytsev wrote:
>> Speaking of `document.head`, I think Mootools does exactly that.
>

> Good thinking.  I took a look at some JavaScript Libraries /
> Frameworks.  Here are some quick counts of how many times I could
> see that they use the "getElementsByTagName" method of getting the
> "head" element:
>
>  - MooTools 1.2.3 has: 2
>  - jQuery 1.3.2 has: 2
>  - Ext 3.0.0 has: 5
>  - YUI 3.0.0b1 has: >10
>  - Prototype 1.6.1, MochiKit 1.4.2, Dojo 1.3.2 have: 0

There are none in Prototype.js simply because it is a rather small and
low level library (I'm one of its core developers, btw). Libraries
that use, say, "global eval" abstraction and/or dependency management
(for scripts and styles) such as YUI obviously use HEAD more often
(which your numbers confirm).

[...]