[whatwg] document.head

From: Joseph Pecoraro <joepeck02@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 17:20:07 -0400
On Sep 20, 2009, at 4: 24PM, Juriy Zaytsev wrote:
> Speaking of `document.head`, I think Mootools does exactly that.

Good thinking.  I took a look at some JavaScript Libraries /
Frameworks.  Here are some quick counts of how many times I could see
that they use the "getElementsByTagName" method of getting the "head"
element:

   - MooTools 1.2.3 has: 2
   - jQuery 1.3.2 has: 2
   - Ext 3.0.0 has: 5
   - YUI 3.0.0b1 has: >10
   - Prototype 1.6.1, MochiKit 1.4.2, Dojo 1.3.2 have: 0

I am not making any criticism of the libraries.  I'm just re-enforcing
the fact that it is a popular method of getting the "head" element,
and adding document.head would be a worthwhile improvement.

- Joe