[whatwg] HTML 5 drag and drop feedback

From: Francisco Tolmasky <francisco@280north.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 01:23:39 -0700

> Yes, that is a neat solution. However, it is still the case that at
> this
> time we should not add new features, otherwise we might get too far
> ahead
> of the implementations, and the quality of implementations will go
> down.

Since I am new to the list I'm not sure how to interpret the context
of this type of answer: in other words, does this mean "wait until
next month" or "wait until HTML 6". Similarly, if it was determined
that a sufficient number of browsers implemented this existing feature
to a satisfactory degree, would that itself be enough to request this
addition again? As you stated, both IE and Safari have this thing
pretty nailed down for quite a while now already. Firefox has done a
considerable amount of work to implement this as well and at the very
least advertises it as a "complete" feature. Is there some way to
measure the quality of implementations?

> Decisions are made based on their technical merits, it doesn't
> matter how
> many people support it. :-)

Also being new to the list I feel compelled to ask whether this is
some sort of meme or inside joke as I have seen it more than once and
is clearly self-contradictory.

Thanks,

Francisco