[whatwg] Fakepath revisited

From: Nils Dagsson Moskopp <nils-dagsson-moskopp@dieweltistgarnichtso.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 17:38:39 +0200
Am Montag, den 07.09.2009, 10:10 -0500 schrieb Tab Atkins Jr.:
> Well, no, not really.  If they're hacking out a substring, they'll
> *hack out a substring*, since the prefix is of a known fixed length.
> Just lop off the first 12 characters, and whatever's left is your
> filename.  Splitting on "\" is just plain silly in this instance.

As the fakepath problem occured precisely because Web Developers Are
Stupid, maybe an easy way out would be to spec a method to get the real
value (or write it boldly into the spec annotations) ?

Also, I have all my important files in C:\fakepath\ you insensitive
clod ! ;)

Cheers
--
Nils Dagsson Moskopp