[whatwg] Fakepath revisited

From: Nils Dagsson Moskopp <nils-dagsson-moskopp@dieweltistgarnichtso.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 11:27:35 +0200
Am Freitag, den 04.09.2009, 12:07 -0600 schrieb Alex Henrie:
> On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 4:40 PM, Simon Pieters<simonp at opera.com> wrote:
>
> > It should be noted that both IE and Opera first tried to use just the
> > filename, but independently found that it was incompatible with existing
> > content.
>
> And Firefox, Safari, and Chrome independently didn't find enough
> compatibility issues to worry about.

Have the MSIE and Opera teams shared their data with the public about
what products are defective ? Otherwise discussing this aspect seems
moot, because then we have "Look, we found, well, stuff. Its common and
causes problems, believe us.".

Not to accuse anyone of anything -- disclosing such information would
just be professional and in the interest of a more rational debate --,
but I take statements from MS about compatibility with more than a grain
of salt.

Also, we could settle this. A sizable non-exhaustive list of problematic
sites could end this discussion soon. Just sayin'.

Cheers,
--
Nils Dagsson Moskopp
<http://dieweltistgarnichtso.net>