[whatwg] Web Storage: apparent contradiction in spec

From: Peter Kasting <pkasting@google.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 16:31:28 -0700
On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:

> There's more wording in a later section on cookie resurrection which gives
> more background. Does that satisfy your request?

I think that later section actually muddies the waters.

Something like this would be more clear: "If users attempt to protect their
privacy by clearing cookies without also clearing persistent storage data,
sites can defeat those attempts by using the two features as redundant
backup for each other.  User agents should present the interfaces for
clearing these in a way that helps users to understand this possibility and
enables them to delete data in both simultaneously."

IMO this achieves what you're trying for while leaving the actual UI design
as open as possible.

PK