[whatwg] <hgroup> functionality absorbed into <header>?

On 9 Oct 2009, at 09:18, Ian Hickson wrote:

> For example, the W3C copy of HTML5 says:
>
>   <h1>HTML5</h1>
>   <h2>A vocabulary and associated APIs for HTML and XHTML</h2>
>   <h2>Editor's Draft 9 October 2009</h2>
>   <h2>Abstract</h2>

> ...which is what it would be interpreted as. This is what is meant:
>
>   <section>
>    <h1>HTML5;
>        A vocabulary and associated APIs for HTML and XHTML;
>        Editor's Draft 9 October 2009</h1>

If that's what you mean, why not write it this way?

    <h1>HTML5
        A vocabulary and associated APIs for HTML and XHTML<br>
        Editor's Draft 9 October 2009</span></h1>

Your version with split <h2> seems to use it only for visual effect.

I still think that <subtitle> (subheader, tagline) would be just as
effective, less confusing and less likely to break outline when used
improperly...

--
regards, Kornel Lesi?ski