[whatwg] fieldset (was: The legend element)

Hixie wrote:
>> Then it might be nice to clarify this with a few words
>> in the spec, as "The fieldset element represents a set of form
>> controls
>> optionally grouped under a common name" can be read as implying
>> structuring and thus accessibility matters.
>
> The element does add structure and help with accessibility, but that
> doesn't mean it's always necessary.

I just had a thought (that I sanity-checked in IRC)...

Perhaps <fieldset> should be a sectioning root?

It "feels" like it's a similar kind of grouping element to
you probably wouldn't want those headings to contribute to the overall
outline of the document.

What do you think?

--
Jeremy Keith