[whatwg] X-UA-Compatible, X-* headers, validators, etc.

On Oct 12, 2009, at 11:02 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Alex Russell wrote:
>> So just to clarify: should we standardize X-UA-Compatible at the
>> IETF,
>> the validator would no longer complain about it, assuming that you'll
>> accept it in the wiki (which I'd like to be clear on)?
>
> To standardize it in the IETF, it would probably need to be renamed,
> though.

And the standard would have to describe what it actually does, which
would probably require some input from Microsoft. At some point, to
advance on the IETF standards track, it would need multiple
interoperable implementations. That prospect does not seem likely.

Regards,
Maciej