[whatwg] framesets

Peter,

Thanks for the clarification, I think I have a little better understanding
now.

(Sorry I jumped into the mailing list in the middle of the conversation and
missed some of the earlier context) Are we currently discussing
implementation details around a proposed tree structure control?  I heard a
few people talk about framesets vs. frames vs. divs, but I thought the
proposal was that there would be a new <tree> tag?  I guess my confusion
lies in why frames & framesets are being discussed at all.

The "black box" part of the tree view has me a little confused as well.  I
would think that such a structure would benefit greatly by allowing
JavaScript access to its elements.  And if such access to its internal
elements were available, then why wouldn't a developer simply implement one
of the many ways to block data bookmarking that you and I are aware of?

I was envisioning a <tree> tag that would support expanding and collapsing
rows without forcing the developer to jump through fire-y JavaScript hoops
to get the implementation correct.  Then any modification to the tree would
be handled by the application developer via JavaScript or through a new page
view.  Am I way off base?

Mike Ressler