[whatwg] Restarting the media element resource fetch algorithm after "load" event

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 6:42 AM, Eric Carlson <eric.carlson at apple.com> wrote:

>   I am not worried about the aesthetics of not having the event.  I am
> somewhat concerned about existing content that uses it (including many of
> the WebKit layout tests :-( ), but I think we will be better off in the long
> run if we get rid of the event and network state now.

Me too. I'm game if you are!

So I propose:
1) Remove the NETWORK_LOADED state and "load" and "loadend" events from
media elements. The resource fetch algorithm simply never transitions from
step 2 to step 3.
2) Modify Gecko and Webkit accordingly.

If we do part 2, which I think is already permitted by the spec, then
authors will stop depending on "load" whether or not we get consensus for
altering the spec.

Rob
53:5-6]