[whatwg] unexpected use of the CORS specification

Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> Further, Benno suggests extending http://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest/
> with a property to disable following redirects automatically so as to
> be able to expose the redirection.
>
> I am not aware if somebody else has suggested these use cases for CORS
> and XMLHttpRequest before (this may not even be the right fora for
> it), but since these are so closely linked to what we do in HTML5, I
> thought it would be good to point it out. I would think that at
> minimum Anne knows what to do with it, since he is editor on both.

Extending XMLHttpRequest for better control over redirects certainly
would be a good thing.

Note that there's work-in-progress of adding "proper" HTTP support to
the Netscape plugin API (see
<https://wiki.mozilla.org/Plugins:GenericHttpMethod>), where we have the
same feature request, and it would be good to align this with
XmlHttpRequest semantics.

Best regards, Julian