[whatwg] Unbiased browser stats (semi-OT)

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 10:54 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> ... or as unbiased as you're likely to get, anyway, from a top 10
> website of very mainstream interest whose direct interest is serving
> the readers:
>
> http://stats.wikimedia.org/wikimedia/squids/SquidReportClients.htm
> http://stats.wikimedia.org/wikimedia/squids/SquidReportOperatingSystems.htm
>
> The first shows HTML5-aspiring browsers (places 2 to 5 on the list) at
> just over 40%.

Microsoft has indicated that they intend to support HTML5 in Internet
Explorer as well, so I don't know why it's not "HTML5-aspiring".
Also, Wikipedia *editors* are probably represented very
disproportionately in those figures, and they would certainly tend to
use IE a lot less than the general population.