[whatwg] Overriding functions in DOM Storage

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Jeremy Orlow <jorlow at google.com> wrote:
> What's special here is that everything set with the implicit getters/setters
> is supposed to be turned into a string.? So yes this does seem somewhat
> unique.

I didn't think about the case of the implicit setters. The most
consistent answer would be to allow it. sessionStorage.removeItem
should still be accessible through
SessionStorage.prototype.removeItem, for example.

> And yes, "there isn't good interop right now across the board"...but that's
> one of the reasons the HTML 5 spec + WhatWG exist...right?? :-)

Right I was just saying this is a bigger problem than this one API and
makes sense to work on separately.

> I think it's important to decide which behavior makes the most sense and
> standardize on it.? The way things are now is pretty useless to eveyone.

Not useless. Overriding a host object's methods is pretty rare.

- a