[whatwg] on bibtex-in-html5

From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 12:46:19 -0400
On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Kristof Zelechovski
<giecrilj at stegny.2a.pl> wrote:
> If markup for a publication identifier in a reference is required, can this
> identifier be an URN-encoded? ?The NID will tell what kind of an identifier
> it is.
> I have used <q cite="urn:ISBN:whatever" > myself, perhaps not quite in line
> with the definition of the Q element but, since the cite attribute in XHTML
> is not universal (as it is in XHTML2), I have not been able to find a better
> container element to attach an URN to it.

Man, this is a big can-of-worms.

Clearly, yes, it'd be a goal to work towards that citation sources be
identified by URI, and that ideally those URIs are HTTP resolvable.
Indeed, we've been talking a lot about that at the Zotero project.

But that's not inconsistent with this discussion (except that BibTeX
uses a local ID, which conflicts with this goal).

Bruce