[whatwg] on bibtex-in-html5

From: Simon Spiegel <simon@simifilm.ch>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 00:19:29 +0200

On 23.05.2009, at 23:35, Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Sat, 23 May 2009, Simon Spiegel wrote:
>>

> I agree that BibTeX is suboptimal. But what should we use instead?
>
> (The biblatex vocabulary seems unnecessarily incompatible with
> BibTeX's,
> and the latter appears to have more deployed support, which was one
> of the
> primary concerns that led to its vocabulary being picked.)

Biblatex is only incompatible insofar as it offers many more fields
and possibilites than standard BibTeX. But that's true for about any
newer BibTeX style and is a direct consequence from the extreme
limitation of standard BibTeX.

simon
--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

?When you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a
nail.? Abraham Maslow