[whatwg] Removing the need for separate feeds

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Adrian Sutton <adrian.sutton at ephox.com> wrote:
> On 22/05/2009 13:32, "Philip Taylor" <excors+whatwg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Perhaps a page like http://philip.html5.org/data.html - people might
>> want to subscribe in their feed reader to see all the exciting
>> updates, and the markup is all hand-written. It's not at all like a
>> blog, but maybe it's data that could be usefully represented with
>> Atom.
>
> There are four articles on that page - do they really update often enough to
> warrant anything more than just adding plain If-Modified support to
> feedreaders and displaying the whole page when it changes?

The way I see it, there are 24 articles on the page (grouped into four
categories), each published independently at separate times. There
would be about a hundred if I kept that index up to date.

But I'm not sure this is a very compelling example, and I can't think
of any other cases where I'd possibly want to publish
non-database-backed data as both HTML and Atom.

--
Philip Taylor
excors at gmail.com