[whatwg] Cross-domain databases; was: "File package protocol and manifest support?"

Hi,

On Tuesday, May 19, 2009, Drew Wilson <atwilson at google.com> wrote:
> One alternate approach to providing this support would be via shared, cross-domain workers (yes, workers are my hammer and now everything looks like a nail :) - this seems like one of the canonical uses of cross-domain workers, in fact.

For what it's worth, this was my immediate thought as well upon
reading the idea. The database is insufficiently fast on some
platforms to server as an IPC mechanism and there are practical
limitations with having too many contending transactions so my
instinct would be to build large integrated web apps with a shared
worker routing data between components.

Rob.

--
Rob Kroeger