[whatwg] Timers

From: Jon Barnett <jonbarnett@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 08:07:57 -0500
Do setTimeout and setInterval belong in HTML 5?  They're not really DOM
related.  They're supported by ActionScript, which doesn't have a DOM. AS
supports the same signatures that HTML 5 does (plus another one).  HTML 5
already says they're specific to Javascript/ECMAScript, so there's no need
for other DOM implementations to support them.

I searched the ES5 final draft and didn't see a reference to them anywhere.
Have they been considered for ECMAScript 5 or any version?

I didn't find any discussion in the WHATWG archives.

http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/action_scripts/actionscript_dictionary/actionscript_dictionary646.html

--
Jon Barnett