[whatwg] Canvas - Exception on arc with negative radius

I commented to the list on this issue some time ago (and a number of
the APIs were updated base don my comments);  in general developers do
not expect graphics libraries to throw exceptions, especially for
values that are frequently computed.  We've had numerous cases where
webkit has had to relax exception logic in canvas (having tightened it
to match spec) where the result has been broken sites and widgets
(alas the webkit and mozilla canvas implementations do have some edge
case where one throws and the other does not), i believe the most
consistent approach will be to fail silently when given invalid, but
finite arguments to any given API.  The alternative is that certain
APIs will relax (regardless of spec), whereas others will not, leading
to a more or less random combination of throw vs. no throw on invalid
arguments.

--Oliver