[whatwg] Link.onload

From: Mike Wilson <mikewse@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 10:46:31 +0100
Jonas Sicking wrote on 15 mars 2009 02:55:
> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 1:48 PM, Greg Houston
> <gregory.houston at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This is a request for the link element to be given an
> > onload attribute.
>
> This sounds like a good idea to me. Seems useful for dynamically added
> stylesheets too, and possibly for stylesheets where the href attribute
> is dynamically changed.

I also think this is a good thing that should make it into the spec
independently of the depends ideas.

It is already specified that script elements fire (on)load or (on)error
events (see end of 4.3.1[0]) to signal whether loading the external file
was successful.
Wouldn't it be nice and symmetric if analogous behaviour was specified
for all loading of external resources?

HTML5 already specifies onload/onerror event handlers for all elements
so the actual handlers are already in place on link elements (and others).
What remains is to define that link should actually fire these events.

Best regards
Mike Wilson