[whatwg] <time>

> David Singer wrote:

> So far, we've had vague use cases
> related to historians and time lines

In what way do you consider those use cases "vague", and what would it
take for you to consider them less so?

> there's been no clear description of the problems that
> need solving

That's clearly an opinion, but I'd say it's a fundamentally wrong one.

> we really
> shouldn't be attempting to solve every little problem.  Yet that seems
> to be what some people are pushing for by asking for alternative
> calendar systems, better historical date support, durations and time
> intervals, without much regard for the complexity such features would
> introduce for both authors and implementers.

Wanting to resolve those clearly-delineated issues is not "attempting to
solve every little problem"; nor do I see anyone not having "regard for
the complexity such features would introduce". Perhaps you could cite
evidence?

[Snip issues already addressed by Bruce Lawson]]

--
Andy Mabbett
** via webmail **