[whatwg] Accessing cookies from workers

From: Drew Wilson <atwilson@google.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 17:11:12 -0700

> > and most important
> > 3) why it did actually happen in my code? (using an async XHR)
>
> Not sure what you are saying here. Do you have example code.

I think what he's talking about the issue described at
http://www.nerdgod.com/ie7test2.html.

I was CC'd on an email thread about this last year - IE can sometimes call
xhr callbacks at inappropriate times (like when in the middle of a JS
function call). Summarizing the thread, it seems that invoking certain JS
functions in IE (like alert()) can cause IE to re-enter the message loop and
start processing messages which can cause things like XHR request callbacks
to be invoked.

I'm pretty sure this is better classified as a bug in IE rather than as
expected JS language behavior, though.

-atw