[whatwg] Accessing cookies from workers

So I get what you are saying - from an implementation standpoint, any access
to shared data exposes the asynchronously threaded nature of workers to the
developer, without giving them any tools to manage this access (locks, etc).

For cookies, I'd always assumed that cookie state was mutable, since the
server could set the cookie state via an HTTP response coming down in
parallel with the execution of javascript. Perhaps the spec makes guarantees
about the immutability of document.cookies? It doesn't seem to:

"Otherwise, the user agent must act as it would when processing cookies if
it had just attempted to
fetch<http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#fetch> the
document's address<http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#the-document%27s-address>over
HTTP, and had received a response with a
Set-Cookie header whose value was the specified value, as per RFC 2109
sections 4.3.1, 4.3.2, and 4.3.3 or later specifications, but without
overwriting the values of HTTP-only cookies.
[RFC2109]<http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#refsRFC2109>
[RFC2965] <http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#refsRFC2965>"

It seems like developers shouldn't be depending on the value of
document.cookie being static anyway.

-atw