[whatwg] <nostyle> consideration

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 7:28 PM, Thomas Powell<tpowell at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is no intention of that in the proposal, you seem to have eliminated
> the discussion about dynamic content which is also discrimentory of such
> users as well as well as the error reporting examples. ?I showed a variety
> of negative and positive cases.
> My interest here in this tag in fact has grown out of a problem with lack of
> understanding of users with various
> capabilities?rather?than?some?particular?design or tech?agenda.

For the same reason you shouldn't rely only on JavaScript to provide
necessary content, you shouldn't rely on generated content in CSS. If
you follow this very basic principle, you obviate the "need" for
<nostyle>. I encourage you to view the following excerpt from an Eric
Meyer presentation, on the perils of relying on CSS to generate
content: http://www.vimeo.com/1149007?pg=embed&sec=1149007

The key point is this: "If it's important, it should be in the
content, it shouldn't be generated."

Erik Vorhes