[whatwg] getImageData/putImageData comments

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> I still think that we need a better "I have some externally-derived
> pixel data I'd like to just stick in this canvas" API here.  fillRect()
> has terrible performance characteristics (as has been brought up many
> times before), and the current imagedata design makes it very difficult
> to use it correctly for this purpose...

It's not that hard, it's an extra four or five lines of code to fill in
multiple pixels in a square (two nested for-loops and an expression or two
to work out what the limit is). Compared to the maths such code would be
doing anyway, this is trivial stuff.