[whatwg] Google's use of FFmpeg in Chromium and Chrome

I'm okay with Flak, and I really do believe in shipping
free/unemcumbered software (see our lgpl discussion earlier). That
said, I dislike when I'm accused of being reprehensible by another
browser vendor. It seems unfairly nasty to me.

Thinking out loud: One thing that was mentioned in an earlier post:
Vorbis. I am also of the mind that Vorbis is of higher quality/mb/sec
and statically than is mp3. The only real problem is that people don't
pirate with it, so the demand isn't there, but I think it is a
superior codec. For video, I worry that for theora to become 'better'
than h264, it will need to infringe on the same patents it is designed
to avoid.

That said, I feel like I've been threadjacking this list for too long
now, and for that I apologize, it seems like we're gong down a codec
rathole that may or may not have any relevance for the spec in the
end.

Chris

--
Open Source Programs Manager, Google Inc.
Google's Open Source program can be found at http://code.google.com