[whatwg] Google's use of FFmpeg in Chromium and Chrome

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 2:08 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/6/7 Daniel Berlin <dannyb at google.com>:
> > On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 7:52 PM, H?kon Wium Lie<howcome at opera.com> wrote:
>
> >> I do appreciate your willingness not discuss these matters, though.
>
> > Thanks.
> > As I said, it's clear we won't convince everyone,
>

> I question the relevance to HTML5 of someone from a completely
> proprietary software company closely questioning a direct competitor
> on their conformance to the GPL.
>

> - d.

Despite being proprietary, Opera Software ASA is the only one that produces
an engine that is totally standards compliant. Gecko and WebKit cannot say
the same thing, even though they are open source. Also, Opera has a much
higher turnaround for implementing new standards into Presto than either of
the two others.