[whatwg] cross-domain scrollIntoView on frames and iframes

On Mon, 6 Apr 2009, Jonas Sicking wrote:

> From my point of view I'm not sure how interesting this whole feature
> is. We had support in firefox for XPointer for many years and saw little
> to no uptake. I'm not sure if anyone complained when we removed the
> support even (which would be pretty remarkable).

It seems that with such an API and with some careful timing measurements,
you could determine the contents of a foreign iframe. I'm not sure that's
a good idea.

I tried to come up with some alternative solutions, but I really haven't
been very successful.