[whatwg] hasFeature() When Only 1 Syntax is Supported

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 07:44:25 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Jun 2009, Simon Pieters wrote:
>>
>> The spec is now gaining all the remaining stuff from DOM2 HTML, so this
>> note is incorrect:
>>
>> "Note: The interfaces defined in this specification are not always
>> supersets of the interfaces defined in DOM2 HTML; some features that
>> were formerly deprecated, poorly supported, rarely used or considered
>> unnecessary have been removed. Therefore it is not guaranteed that an
>> implementation that supports "HTML" "5.0" also supports "HTML" "2.0"."
>>
>> I'm thinking that the spec should maybe just use "2.0" instead of "5.0",
>> since it's what browsers do and there might be pages that check for
>> this.
>>
>> Meanwhile it seems useful to return false as appropriate if the UA only
>> allows one of the syntaxes, as Smylers points out.
>
> I've removed everything but HTML/2.0.

I'm pretty sure Web compat requires HTML/1.0 to return true, too.

Gecko, WebKit and Opera return true for XHTML/2.0. WebKit and Opera also
return true for XHTML/1.0. I don't know what the Web compat situation is
with the XHTML values.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software