[whatwg] Serving up Theora <video> in the real world

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 5:23 AM, Aryeh Gregor
<Simetrical+w3c at gmail.com<Simetrical%2Bw3c at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> Maybe you'd try testing all the video types you support, and
> if one is "maybe" while another is "probably" you'd go with
> "probably"?

Right. Or you might have plugin-based fallback you can use if you get
"maybe". Other authors with no plugin-based fallback would go ahead if they
get "maybe".

Programmers expect binary logic,
> not ternary (look at the complaints about SQL's NULL).

I agree. In the past I argued for two boolean functions.

Anyway, it's a little late now to change canPlayType more than we just did.
There is already deployed content checking for "probably"/"maybe".

Rob
53:5-6]