[whatwg] Serving up Theora <video> in the real world

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com> wrote:

> Robert's code is a bit buggy; canPlayType returns a string, not a boolean,
> so it will always appear to say yes.

You're being polite, my code was not "a bit buggy", it was completely
broken.

I've actually made this mistake several times while writing tests recently,
so I should have known better.

I actually anticipated this problem, and argued strenuously to break
canPlayType into two boolean functions, "canPlayType" and "cannotPlayType",
but I lost. Hopefully most Web authors are smarter than I am.

Rob
53:5-6]