[whatwg] In AppCache web apps, images from unpredictable domains won't load

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas at sicking.cc> wrote:

> The workaround is for the gmail to download the images to gmails
> servers and then serve them from a google domain.

This isn't just an email problem.  It'll also affect RSS readers, document
editors, blogging tools, and other tools where user-defined HTML appears.

> Not as simple as
> simply being able to cache urls from other servers I agree, but doing
> multi domain application caches is very complicated from a security
> point of view so I think we wanted to stay clear of it for the first
> iteration of the spec.

I'd like to stay clear of it too.  I'm not saying that all these external
images should be AppCache-able or otherwise available offline.  I simply
want the option to have them work the way they do in normal, non-AppCached
pages.