[whatwg] getElementsByClassName case sensitivity

Anne van Kesteren <annevk at opera.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 15:25:33 +0100, Stewart Brodie
> <stewart.brodie at antplc.com> wrote:
> > Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote (on 25 July 2008):
> >> I've made [getElementsByClassName] consistent with how classes work in
> >> CSS
> >> (case-insensitive for quirks and case-sensitive otherwise).
> >
> > I was looking for some tests for this API and found some from Opera
> > (found
> > at http://tc.labs.opera.com/apis/getElementsByClassName/) but given the
> > dates on them predate the latest spec changes (which causes some to fail
> > now), I was wondering if up to date versions are now kept somewhere else
> > instead?
>
> The tests already take this change into account. It was agreed upon way
> earlier prolly over IRC or so, but the specification hadn't catched up
> with reality yet. I'm not sure what other tests you might believe to be
> out of date (and why) and would be interested in knowing being the author
> and all :-)

Specifically: test 14 - tests for case-sensitivity in a document that is in
quirks mode.

Are you saying that this change has now been reversed and the comparisons
are always case-sensitive, thus reintroducing the discrepancy between CSS's
handling of classes and this new method?

--
Stewart Brodie
Software Engineer