[whatwg] Captions, Subtitles and the Video Element

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:54:57 +0100
Greg Millam wrote:
>   * All timed text tracks encoded in the video file are added to the
> list, as an implicit caption element.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I don't think implying a new
element in the HTML based on text tracks within the media file is a good
idea, and nor is it necessary.  Instead, the UA just needs to obtain a
list of available text tracks by combining those embedded within the
media file with those linked to from the HTML, and make them all
available to the user.

>   * Caption tags, when displayed, count as <span
> class="caption">...</span> unless they have style associated with them
> (uncommon). So they can be tweaked via CSS. Whether by the author or
> overridden by useragent.

I do not understand what you mean here.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software