[whatwg] hashchange only dispatched in history traversal

From: Kristof Zelechovski <giecrilj@stegny.2a.pl>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 11:12:02 +0100
I think Ian has misunderstood, so I dare repeat:
For bookmark navigation (scrolling), generate a reveal event.
For AJAX hacking (no scrolling), generate a hash update event.  This means
the page has changed semantically.
In particular, I never said the hash update event should be dropped.
The only way I can understand the relevance of Ian's text is that he thinks
the reveal event would not be useful.  I think it can be an advantage to
special designs with floating windows and such.
HTH,
Chris