[whatwg] about:blank document handling in history

From: Olli Pettay <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 13:46:45 +0200
Hi all,

if I read 6.10 correctly it has a special case for about:blank
documents only when loading a new document to a context which has only
about:blank document. But that isn't quite enough, I think.
Traditionally (IE/Gecko) about:blank documents haven't been put to
session history. Opera and Webkit seem to handle this case differently
(though, not exactly the same way).
http://mozilla.pettay.fi/moztests/history5/Start.html

Since session history handling follows IE's behavior pretty
closely in other cases, I think it would make sense to define
about:blank handling too.

-Olli