[whatwg] window.print() when printing is not supported

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 13:09:10 -0500
> Today someone printed a map for me so I could cycle towards some Apple
> repair shop somewhere outside of town.

Ah, yes.  Printing directions is another use case that I do in fact run
into.

> This and your use case will be
> more or less obsolete once everyone has a capable enough handset though.

I don't think printing directions will be obsolete quite as soon as you
think; wrangling a sheet of paper with directions is easier than
wrangling a handset if you're driving at the same time, because the
handset has to be held so close to one's eyes to get equivalent picture
clarity.  At least in my experience.  Maybe once handsets have decent
heads-up displays or something...

The boarding pass case is a bit clearer to me, though I wouldn't expect
printing them to be obsolete for at least another 3-5 years.

-Boris