[whatwg] window.print() when printing is not supported

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 08:25:33 -0600
On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 7:31 AM, Markus Ernst <derernst at gmx.ch> wrote:
> In-page print buttons typically appear in pages authored in a
> printer-unfriendly way, such as using frames or a table layout, lacking a
> printer stylesheet. Often the in-page print button just opens a
> printer-friendly version of the page, without even invoking the print()
> method.

I've had design requirements to include a print button in pages.
Apparently many users *expect* such, and don't realize they can print
from the File->Print option (and/or don't realize that this can print
a printer-friendly version automatically).

I include print stylesheets, so all this button ever does is call
window.print() for them.

~TJ