[whatwg] Canvas tag - single or multiple contexts?

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 21:09:35 +0100
On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 21:04:49 +0100, Gregg Tavares <gman at google.com> wrote:
> Is disallowing other contexts when certain contexts, eg "webgl", okay or
> is that really an incompatible extension of the canvas tag?

I don't think we've really established that one way or another. I filed a
bug on this some time ago in the W3C bug tracker indicating we should
clarify the policy.

I would personally prefer if it it always worked, but it would be tricky
as I understand it.

> Can portable code be written if some browsers let me get both a "2d"
> context and a "3d" context and others don't?

That's rhetorical, right? :-)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/