[whatwg] Question about pushState

From: Darin Fisher <darin@chromium.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:51:05 -0800
[Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find it in the
archives.]

Why does pushState only prune forward session history entries corresponding
to the same document?  I would have expected it to behave like a reference
fragment navigation, which prunes *all* forward session history entries.
 Reason: it seems strange when a "navigation" doesn't result in a disabled
forward button in the browser UI, so an app developer may be unsatisfied
using pushState in place of reference fragment navigations.

Thoughts?
-Darin