[whatwg] Inconsistent behavior for empty-string URLs

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas at sicking.cc> wrote:
>> For example not all <link>s are automatically downloaded, such as
>> <link rel=prev>. However I suspect that we'll want all <link>s to
>> behave the same.
>
> I'd say the rule should be that if the type is text/html or unknown,
> "" should work.

Interesting. I don't think we want to base it on the type attribute,
since that should generally be possible to leave out. But I can
certainly see a use for <link rel=sitemap href="">.

So maybe just apply the don't-download rule rel=stylesheet (and
rel="stylesheet alternate" etc).

/ Jonas