[whatwg] Inconsistent behavior for empty-string URLs

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 09:36:30 -0800
On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 1:44 AM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have data on what, if any, compatibility impact this has? I
> can't imagine loading the base URL to be terribly useful in most cases, but
> perhaps there are wacky sites that do indeed rely on it.

Given that opera has this somewhat deployed, would be interesting to
hear if they have had any compatibility issues.

The one place where I've seen this used is inside XSLT stylesheets,
where i've seen something like:

<xsl:value-of select="document('')/foo/bar">

to read data out of the stylesheet document.

/ Jonas