[whatwg] Thread to run Web Socket feedback from the protocol ?

From: Alexey Proskuryakov <ap@webkit.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 10:23:08 -0800

On 09.12.2009, at 10:07, Ian Hickson wrote:

>>> I'm absolutely fine with changing WebSocket to change readyState as
>>> part of the same task that dispatches the event
>>
>> Yes, that is what I think the spec should say.
>
> Done.

With the updated text, there is a race condition between closing a
socket and removing all data that was received. The spec says "When a
user agent is to close the Web Socket connection, it must drop all
subsequent data from the server" - but with the current spec text, you
can get message events after you call close() from onopen handler.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov