[whatwg] Canvas Composition Modes

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 11:24:55 +1300
On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 9:21 AM, Charles Pritchard <chuck at jumis.com> wrote:

> I was just following up to the composition thread:
>
> http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2009-October/023706.html
>
> Where in the spec did this "more explicit" definition get added?

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#drawing-model
"1. Render the shape or image onto an infinite transparent black bitmap,
creating image A..."
"6. Composite A within the clipping region over the current canvas bitmap
using the current composition operator."

Did this issue get resolved with the Mozilla crew, and others?

We will fix our implementation to conform to the spec. I wrote some patches,
expect it to be fixed in Firefox 3.7. (On Windows and X we're already
correct, except for 'copy' ... on Mac, less so.)

Rob
53:5-6]