[whatwg] HTML5 video element - default to fallback in cases where UA can't play format

From: Kit Grose <kit@iqmultimedia.com.au>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 01:17:04 +1100
On 04/12/2009, at 1:13 AM, Philip J?genstedt wrote:
> I'll freely admit that the most important reason I oppose this is
> because
> I don't want to implement it

And I'll admit that the main reason I support it is selfish on my part
too :).

Basically I don't want to be producing OGG files (given that I already
have many H.264 videos available for use that were previously played
in Flash or QT Player), and the general feeling I'm getting
(anecdotally) is that FF users are increasingly opting to install
NoScript.

In practice, that means I'm actually using the <noscript> tag again,
which makes me feel incredibly dirty.

?Kit