[whatwg] createEvent() in Web Workers?

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 05:36:17 +0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 26 Nov 2009, Simon Pieters wrote:

> There's ErrorEvent.initErrorEvent, and dispatchEvent is exposed in
> workers, but there's no createEvent (because there's no document). Are
> there use cases for sending events in a worker? Should we expose
> createEvent somewhere? Should we remove initErrorEvent?

I don't want to remove initErrorEvent() because that would just cause
troubles later if we ever add createEvent().

In the meantime, though, I don't see a really compelling reason to add
event creation to the worker API set, so I haven't changed anything there
for now. If DOM3 Events adds constructors or whatever, it can expose them
to Workers easily enough.